The number one thing that community members contact us for is legal support. While we may not have all the expertise within our group of grassroots activists, we do know of some legal resources you can access. Thank you to the lawyers who helped us to put this list together.
Option 1: Community Legal Clinics
Here is a list of Legal Aid Ontario-funded legal clinics across Ontario.
Option 2: Specialty Clinics
Here is a list of Legal Aid Ontario-funded speciality clinics.
Option 3: Government Agency Advocacy Organizations
- Justice for Children and Youth
- Office of the Provincial Advocate for Children and Youth
- Human Rights Legal Support Centre
- Family Law Services Centre
Option 4: Independent Community-Specific Legal Services
- The Barbra Schlifer Commemorative Clinic (for women who are survivors of domestic violence)
- Canadian Centre for Victims of Torture
- Centre Francophone – Legal Services
Option 5: General Probono Legal Services
Option 6: Community-Based Legal Advocacy Organizations